As part of its Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR), Elcrest Exploration and Production Nigeria, in partnership with NPDC, has carried out several programmes for the host communities Opuama and Tsekelewu since the acquisition of OML 40 in 2012.
- Award of Scholarships (5 secondary and 2 tertiary yearly) to indigenes of the two communities, Opuama and Tsekelewu in OML-40.
- Funded operation and maintenance of Power Generation sets for the two communities.
- Constructed concrete Jetty for Opuama Community.
- Constructed a Walkway in the Tsekelewu Community.
- Constructed a Cottage Hospital (jointly with JV Partner) for Opuama.
- Provided potable water borehole (jointly with JV Partner) for Opuama.
- Providing an ultramodern Civic Centre for Tsekelewu Community.
During the Barging Operation, host communities benefitted from the following:
- Employment of 20 community members for the surveillance contract
- 12 community members currently employed to watch the mooring point area.
- Engagement of seven Olero Creek community members as marine wardens
The following contacts are handled solely by community contractors for Production and Drilling operations:
- Dredging of Well locations and access route
- Flowline replacement for Wells OP-7, 8 and 9
- IPSS pipeline surveillance for Well heads, Flow lines an export pipeline.
- Supply of marine spread (tugboats, barges, boats, etc) and diesel for OP-7, 8 and 9
- Fumigation of houseboat
- Disposal of domestic waste
- Supply of potable water and fuel
- Employment of 42 community members to support dredging and drilling operations.